Thank You for Your Interest in Joining Our Program!
The admission process goes as follows:
- The interested parents or guardians contact us to set up a meeting and tour of the school. The initial meeting is informational, and is for adults only.
- HVMS will follow up with a phone call to answer any additional questions. At this point, an application may be submitted with a non-refundable fee of $100. A records release is sent by the parents/guardians to the current school, so that transcripts and records may be reviewed by HVMS.
- Parents/guardians may now arrange a student interview, if desired.
- After the student meets with the director and classroom teacher, the parent or guardian may choose to schedule a classroom visit, where their child attends class for part of a day in order to gain a feel for the environment.
- With director and teacher recommendation, admission is granted. An enrollment contract and a tuition agreement are submitted for each child enrolling.
We can accommodate special needs on a case-by-case basis. Hudson Valley Montessori School welcomes and considers all applications without regard to race, religion, ethnicity or nationality, and does not discriminate in any way on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin or in the administration of its educational policies. Hudson Valley Montessori School admits students of any race, religion or ethnicity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
According to New York State Law, an up-to-date record of immunizations from the child’s pediatrician must be submitted to the school before any new student can be admitted. Among returning students, Kindergarten and Second Grade students must submit up-to-date records of immunizations, including the second MMR shot, and a physical exam performed between February and October of the year the child begins Kindergarten and Second Grade.